Harassment and intimidation accusations reported to FHDA police

Antonija Jakovcevic, Staff Writer

Foothill-De Anza Police on May 24 reported two incidents on campus currently under investigation.

An unidentified De Anza College  student in her mid-20s said she was sitting on a bench by parking lot E when three males approached her and one of them touched her rib cage area on April 29.

The student told the police that the men left on foot when students began exiting a nearby classroom.

According to the student, one of the male subjects approached her weeks later and displayed a knife, warning her not to report either incident, after which he left on foot.

She was uninjured in the reported events, both of which occurred adjacent to Parking Lot E in the evening hours.

The student filed a report with the FHDA Police in the late afternoon on May 20.

The student describes one man possibly Latino, 5 feet 9 inches tall, 200 pounds, stocky and with spiky hair. At the time he was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

No description is available of the other two suspects.

After the report was released, some De Anza students no longer felt comfortable walking by themselves at night around campus.

Tami Price, 22, a psychology major said, “I don’t feel safe any more. After hearing that the attacker actually returned with a knife, I definitely won’t take night classes any more.

“I’ll try not to go anywhere alone and will make sure I’m always surrounded with people.”

Liza Valencia, 26, a dietitian major said, “The incident doesn’t make me paranoid or something, but I will be more careful for sure.

“What happened made me a little bit more aware of the fact that perhaps our campus is not ‘crime-free’ after all.”

According to the FHDA police, there are no updates on the reported incidents or are any further details available.

Police officers are continuing the investigation. Call 408-924-8000 with any information regarding the incidents.